Do you have dental anxiety? You are not alone and we are aware that many people experience this. It is our goal to help your visit to us be more relaxing and enjoyable.
At TKDDS we offer the following dental anxiety relief options;
- Celenite wands: celenite clears the aura/energy field and is grounding. Our wands also have ground quartz crystals and essential oils which have calming effects
- Weighted blankets: signal the autonomic nervous system to go into “rest and digest mode” – the signal the brain receives stimulates the production of serotonin and endorphins helping to calm and relax
- Rescue Remedy Flower Essence: transmits the energy or the vibrational nature of the flowers to you. This positive energy helps to heal past trauma and negativity thereby reducing anxiety and stress
- Pillows/Blankets: comfort can often times calm and reduce anxiety and stress
- Nitrous Oxide: inhaled through nose mask- creates a feeling of relaxation and reduction in anxiety levels for most people.
There are also things that you can do outside of the dental office in preparation for your appointment to ease any anxiety.
- Chamomile Tea – chamomile tea contains Apigenin and Luteolin that aid in relaxation.
- Eating between 1-3 grams of Omega-3s a day can lower the stress chemicals in the body.
- Breathe in Lavender Oil – you can add a few drops into a cup of boiling water and inhale or apply directly to you skin.
- Adding L-lysine to your diet – this is one of the building blocks to the brains neurotransmitters. Taking this even as a supplement can help reduce anxiety.
- Sunshine for some Vitamin D!
- Cutting down on caffeine before your dental appointment. Caffeine boosts energy but at the same time can cause you to become more jittery and anxious.
Shea, Taylor, Readers Digest, 10 Trusted Home Remedies for Natural Anxiety Relief, https://www.rd.com/health/conditions/natural-anxiety-relief/