Periodontal disease is an active progressive process. It begins when bacteria build up under the gum line. This bacterial infection triggers the immune system and the body’s inflammatory response activates. When the body’s immune system is overcome by the growing bacteria levels and inflammation, a toxic threshold limit is met and the infectious state of the disease begins. Active periodontal disease affects the ligament, connective tissue and bone which surround and anchor the teeth in place. As periodontal disease continues to progress, the teeth become loose and may ultimately need to be removed. The disease causing bacteria and the toxins created by these bacteria easily enter the blood stream and from there the entire body. Periodontal Disease has been scientifically proven to be a contributing factor in heart disease, stroke, diabetes and low birth weight. Our goal at Tara Kaur, DDS, is to find the cause of the disease progression, stop the infection and help return you to health and vitality. We believe in taking a holistic approach to patient care at Tara Kaur, DDS. Each visit with our innovative dental hygiene team allows for a thorough assessment including dental history, medical history, review of medications and supplements, and lifestyle analysis. These holistic assessments allow for identification and diagnosis of imbalance and disease. We go beneath the symptom to reveal the cause. This guides us in establishing the best approach in our treatment plan to help you achieve optimal health and wellbeing. At Tara Kaur, DDS, we apply a non-surgical and non-invasive approach to identifying and treating Periodontal Disease. This is accomplished through our individualized holistic periodontal therapy which includes:
- Ultrasonic and Laser Therapies: remove bacteria, calculus and diseased tissues
- Herbal Tonics: applied above and below the gum line with an oral irrigator
- Herbs and Supplements: promote healthy bone and gum tissue as well as immune function
- Personalized Home Care and Education: collaboration to create best possible outcome
- Integrated Care: working together with your primary care provider(s) to assist in diagnosing and correcting imbalances in pH levels, mineral absorption, hormonal cascade, adrenal function, nutritional deficiencies, etc.
Our commitment is to provide you with patient centered holistic periodontal therapy and we are honored to be a part of your wellness team!