At Tara Kaur, DDS, we practice Holistic Hygiene. This is a wholeness approach which takes into account each individual’s mind, body, emotions, and spirit. The foundation of our holistic hygiene practice is based upon natural and alternative modalities and our focus is to help you achieve optimal health and well-being.
Holistic Hygiene Cleaning Appointment Includes:
- Comprehensive Periodontal Assessment: an examination of your gums, oral health and risk factors. This assessment allows your hygienist to make holistic recommendations to assist in the maintenance and improvement of your oral and whole body health.
- Iodine Irrigation: iodine has strong antibacterial properties which reduce the amount of bacterial introduced into your blood stream during the cleaning procedures.
- Clean and Polish: your hygienist will scale and polish your teeth using a paste that contains no fluoride, dyes, chemicals or artificial flavoring.
- Herbal/Essential Oil Irrigation: aids in firming and toning the gum tissues, repairing any damage due to the cleaning procedures and enhancing your immune response.
- Holistic Periodontal Care Plan: a personalized therapeutic home care plan is developed for you.
- Dental Exam with Dr. Kaur: Dr. Kaur will identify changes in your mouth, diagnose and address minor issues before they become larger ones, answer any questions or concerns you may have about your dental health, make recommendations on treatment, or if necessary, refer you to a dental specialist.
- Oral Cancer Screening with Dr. Kaur: Dr. Kaur will identify any abnormalities and look for signs of cancerous or precancerous conditions in your mouth. Early detection can be life saving.