WE VALUE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE
At Tara Kaur, DDS, we strive to provide affordable quality holistic dental care to all our patients. We believe in patient autonomy and empower our patients with education and options for dental treatment. We value your right to choose the dental treatment and dental materials which are best for YOU. We build relationships and community and offer services that cannot be found in conventional dentistry.
Unfortunately, if we choose to become a provider for dental insurance companies, it takes away our right to choose as your dental provider. Being part of a dental insurance plan restricts the procedures and dental materials Dr. Kaur is able to offer her patients. It also eliminates her ability to take time with her patients in educating and providing alternative solutions to conventional care. By participating in insurance plans, Dr. Kaur and her team would also be supporting the continued use of dental amalgam and fluoride which compromises the overall mission of our dental practice.
It all comes down to choices. And we are SO GRATEFUL that you have chosen to become a part of our community at Tara Kaur, DDS,!
Some of the most common questions we receive are related to dental insurance and payment options. Below is information to help clarify how the process works at Tara Kaur, DDS,.
1) Tara Kaur, DDS, is a fee-for-service dental practice. Therefore, all fees incurred at your dental appointment will be due day of service paid directly to Tara Kaur, DDS,. There are no exceptions.
2) Dr. Tara Kaur is an out-of-network dental insurance provider. If your current dental insurance plan allows for “out-of-network dental benefits,” our office will submit and file all paperwork needed to process your insurance claim. Please be aware there is no guarantee for any dental insurance benefit or direct reimbursement from your insurance company. If your dental insurance plan does not allow “out-of-network dental benefits,” you will receive no insurance benefit for services provided at Tara Kaur, DDS,.
IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING OUT OF NETWORK DENTAL BENEFITS: If your dental insurance plan offers “out-of-network dental benefits,” our office will file an insurance claim for you as a courtesy. Most insurance plans will allow for direct reimbursement to the patient. It typically takes 2-4 weeks to receive a check from your insurance company for dental services provided in our clinic. However, there are some insurance plans that will not provide direct reimbursement to the patient. It is your responsibility to know your insurance policy. Please be aware there is no guarantee for any dental insurance benefit or direct reimbursement from your insurance company.
3) All dental services provided at Tara Kaur, DDS, (excluding tooth whitening) are eligible expenses/deductions for Health Savings and Flex Spending Accounts. Please check with your Plan Coordinator to ensure you are aware of your particular plan’s exclusions.
4) Tara Kaur, DDS, offers an in-house dental plan for patients who do not have dental insurance benefits. Our SMILE plan includes 2 routine cleanings, 2 wellness exams, 2 oral cancer screenings, 4BW radiographs and 5% off all dental treatment. The SMILE plan benefits start the day you purchase the plan and end one year from the purchase date.
5) Tara Kaur, DDS, accepts Visa, Master Card and Discover for all fees except the SMILE plan.