THE TRUTH ABOUT THE “SILVER FILLING”

A dental amalgam filling (silver filling) consists of over 50% mercury, approximately 30% silver, and lesser amounts of copper and tin. The mercury component of the dental amalgam filling has been scientifically demonstrated to be more toxic than lead, cadmium or arsenic.

Mercury is a heavy metal neurotoxin which damages brain and nervous system tissues. It has also been proven to deplete and suppress the immune system leading to a whole host of chronic health challenges. Mercury that leaks from amalgam fillings is stored prenatally in a pregnant woman’s developing fetus and postnatally in the mother’s breast milk. Mercury is the most toxic non-radioactive substance known to man.

Mercury escapes from dental amalgam fillings in the form of a vapor that is absorbed directly into the brain, lungs and arterial blood. This toxic vapor escapes constantly from fillings 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The rate of vaporization increases when the amalgam fillings are stimulated by hot liquids, chewing, and brushing your teeth.

Due to the compelling evidence implicating amalgam fillings in many disease processes and health disturbances, Dr. Tara Kaur has practiced amalgam-free dentistry for over a decade. Dr. Kaur has removed thousands of dental amalgams and follows a strict amalgam filling removal protocol to protect her patients and limit contamination from exposure to mercury debris.