Holistic Hygiene tips for Optimal Oral Health
- Eat a whole-foods diet – eating a well-balanced diet that is unprocessed, organic, and free of pesticides, antibiotics, and hormones allows your nutritional needs to be supplied naturally.
- Brush for 2 minutes 2 times a day with a soft bristle brush in the morning and at night before bed. Slow down with your brushing, using light pressure and making sure to get all the surfaces of your teeth. Clean teeth are healthy teeth! A fun and helpful phone app for kids is 'Brusheez' by Shondicon! Find more information here: http://www.brusheez.net/
- Change your toothbrush/ toothbrush-head every 3 months. Effective brushing technique is paramount in good oral home-care and for care-free dental check-ups
- Floss or use an oral irrigator every day – keeping the gum tissues and teeth free of bacteria and food debris allows your body to heal demineralized tooth structure and gingival irritation on its own.
- Schedule and participate in regular cleaning and dental exam appointments – prevention and early-detection are a winning combination for healthy mouths, healthy bodies and easy dental visits.
- Reduce stress and RELAX – this is one of the most effective ways to naturally balance hormones, improve immune function, lower blood pressure, improve cardiovascular function, improve sleep quality, improve cognitive function, and allow the nervous system to become healthily balanced.
- Get plenty of sleep – an effective, natural way to increase immune function, improve cognitive thinking, promote cellular growth and stabilize hormone levels.
- Move your body every day – exercise increases circulation, reduces inflammation, helps regulate blood sugar and hormone levels, strengthens muscles and ligaments, improves brain receptor function, improves immune function, improves sleep quality and helps your body to absorb nutrients efficiently.